EarthAftermath

A nuclear war has brought the earth to near destruction, the year is 2215 you are now thrown into the cruel world of EASurvival. Mutants, raiders and all sorts of apocalyptic nasties wait to shred you to pieces. Can you survive in the new world?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pre-dawn arrival

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Prince

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:29 am

"You are quite safe here," Min assures her with a smile. "And we're glad we found you, too." He hopes she'll catch on and remember the conversation in the hall so that Michael won't get blasted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:42 am

Soraya laughed as she took a seat opposite Nari. "I am older than I look," she explained, vaguely. The redhead watched the newcomer eat a few moments, as Michael took another nearby chair. The poor girl indeed seemed famished. How many others were out there, like her, alone, lost, and starving?

At the girl's words, Soraya's eyes narrowed slightly. "So, Michael found you, did he?" she finally asked, glancing knowingly at her son, then at Min, who was obviously trying to cover for him.

"Min and I were out," Michael cut in quickly. It wasn't strictly true, but it wasn't strictly a lie either... Minhea /had/ left the confines of the actual compound, after all.

"Hm," Soraya answered quietly, though she said no more. For now, at least. Instead she addressed Nari again. "There is more, if you are still hungry after this bowl," she promised. "And this is indeed a safe haven. At least, as safe as any place may be during these difficult times. Do you plan on staying?" she queried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:22 am

Last edited by Nari on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:30 am

"We've no need of what is yours, child," a quiet baritone came from the shadows. Stepping forward, a tall, thin twenty-something looking man with piercing, crystal blue eyes assured her, "We've more than enough. You are welcomed to stay for as long as you would choose to do so. KC has already made up a bed for you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:26 am

"Radu," Soraya greeted, "this is Nari. Michael... and Minhea," she said with a pointed look at both, "found her wandering outside.

"She's from New York," Michael stated. "It sounds like it's pretty bad out there, Uncle Radu," he continued, "though she did say they actually heard /rumors/ about this place. It sounds like maybe we'll have an influx of newcomers if word keeps spreading," he said, smiling.

"Pray excuse me," Soraya cut in, disappearing hastily down the hallway, passing Tommen on the way.

With a backward glance at his mother and a shake of the head, Tommen quietly joined the others. "Your bath's ready," he informed Nari, "whenever you are."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:39 am

Radu listened, nodding his understanding. "I shall alert the staff to make up all the rooms, and send scouts for more medical supplies in case they're needed." Turning to KC, he asked, "Have we enough provisions?"

"Yes, sir." KC smiled. "We've could feed an army in an hour if needed and still have more than enough."

"Alright then." he nodded again. Turning back to the newcomer, he said simply, "Please...make yourself at home."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:43 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 am

"Lisa or I can find you fresh clothes while you scrub and soak," a pretty female with the same startling blue eyes smiled. "I'm Jina, by the way. Welcome home. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:09 am

"Sorry, we apparently like shiny new people around here," Michael confided to Nari as an aside. "You'll be rid of all the attention as soon as someone else walks through the door," he quipped, before realizing how that sounded. "Not that you'll be set out or anything. The food and lodgings and such are all yours, I just mean that you won't have to deal with all of my family coming to 'inspect' you," he explained.

Tommen raised an eyebrow at his brother, but said nothing to him, before introducing himself. "I'm Tommen. This knob-head's older brother, though I really can't take any blame for how he turned out. And you'd better hurry to the bath before it gets cold," he prodded, trying to keep the poor girl from having to deal with any more of their antics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:00 pm

A soft though hasty knock came on the door, though the one who had knocked didn't wait for a response before entering.

"Brought you clothes," a female greeted as she entered. The vampiress paused a moment, giving Nari a quick once-over. Though she gave no overt reaction at the woman's bruises and the brand on her shoulder, one could perhaps perceive a bit of a softening in her tone as she spoke again.

"You're Nari, I hear. I'm Lisa," she introduced herself. If she hadn't done so, one would have mistaken her for Jina, who had introduced herself earlier. "These aren't exactly the height of fashion, but they're serviceable and warm," she informed the newcomer as she set the stack of clothing on a nearby chair.

"We have medical supplies, if you need," she offered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Last edited by Nari on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:50 am

"Sell... back?" Lisa blinked a moment, incredulously before plopping into a chair. "The idea that /anyone/ would sell another is revolting," she growled, frustrated. "If I could get my hands on any slaver, he wouldn't know what hit him."

She gestured toward the garments, inviting Nari to dress herself. Lisa had no qualms over nakedness. "So to ease your fears, no, we will not /sell/ you back. Nor will we allow anyone to else to. Anyone who would even think of trying would suffer greatly," she promised. She'd have to share this with Radu and the others; she'd heard rumors of slavers making a resurgence since the bombs, but she hadn't seen the effects first hand yet.

"How did you escape them?" she asked. She was sure that couldn't have been an easy feat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:13 am

Last edited by Nari on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:38 am

Vasilissa's keen hearing caught Nari's grumble, but she chose to ignore it. It seemed as though Nari had been through a lot, and Lisa doubted that any form of talk would convince her that she was truly safe here. The only way to prove it to her would be to /show/ her. Showing her that no one would sell her would simply take time; the longer she was with them, the more trust she would build in them.

"I'll show you to your bed. KC should have it all ready for you," Lisa said, opening the door and indicating the direction they would be walking. "When you've gotten your rest, feel free to rejoin us. I know we'd all love to hear your story in more detail. It would likely be... instructive for us. We'd like to know how things are out there, other than simply, 'bad.'"

With that, Lisa steered Nari into a room. It was nothing lavish or ornate, but it was decently sized and had all the comforts of home; a bed, a small dresser, even a mirror, table, and a chair where Nari could lounge if she wanted to.

"Feel free to make it your own," Lisa invited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-dawn arrival   

Back to top Go down

Pre-dawn arrival
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EarthAftermath :: Roleplaying :: California :: Los Angeles-
Jump to: