EarthAftermath

A nuclear war has brought the earth to near destruction, the year is 2215 you are now thrown into the cruel world of EASurvival. Mutants, raiders and all sorts of apocalyptic nasties wait to shred you to pieces. Can you survive in the new world?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Back to the kitchen? Or not...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Last edited by . on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:58 pm

"You know, we have these things called /beds/ that tend to be more comfortable for sleeping," an amused voice bespoke as a shadow fell over the hunched Nari.

Michael looked down at the girl with an expression that was a mixture of empathy and bemusement. "I know Melanie's a slave driver, but is she really /that/ bad? I've never seen her scare off the help after barely a few days of arrival. It usually takes at /least/ a month," he teased, sitting next to her with an easy grace.

"By the way, you're excused from kitchen duty for the rest of the day," he informed her. "I can take you back to your room, if you like." He raised an eyebrow at her in question and extended his hand to her in an offer of assistance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:00 am

Michael laughed as he stood, holding Nari's hand, then helped her to her feet. "Don't worry about Melanie. She might seem a little brisk at first, but she doesn't actually /bite/," he said, grinning perhaps a little too broadly. "At least not on the first offense."

The vampire slowed a bit, his face taking on a bit more of a serious look. "My mother's going to talk to Melanie and make sure all's taken care of for today. I doubt even the queen kitchen bee herself wants you to go back if it means you're going to fall asleep in the beans," he informed her with a wink. His tone suggested that his mother was usually a great diplomat when handling these things. Or, at the least, she was good at taking Melanie's outbursts without losing her own cool too much. He hadn't really thought of how he would explain to Nari how Soraya would know she needed to talk to Melanie to begin with, if the girl asked.

"You're half-asleep on your feet and you're going to worry about whether I should be somewhere else?" he asked a bit incredulously. "There's always stuff to do around here, but no. You're not keeping me from anything all that important. At least not more important than seeing you safely back to your own bed before you topple over," he smiled, reaching over and gently removing a bit of debris from Nari's hair.

"Why in the world are you so tired, anyways?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:35 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Michael blinked in surprise a few moments, meeting Nari's stare dead-on. "Tagged as your....?" He asked, confused a moment before laughing uproariously. "No, I haven't been 'tagged' as your 'guardian,'" he said, trying to contain his amusement. "What, a guy can't extend an offer of friendship and help without having either an ulterior motive or having been instructed to do so?" he asked, his voice taking on mock consternation. "Okay, to be honest my Uncle Radu was the one who told me you were wandering around half-asleep, but I would have volunteered to help you out even if he hadn't." He then put a hand up near his mouth, and stage-whispered to her, "Something about you makes me feel protective," he confided. "Maybe it's your rabbity ways." He passed off the comment as a jest, though perhaps there was more heartfelt truth to it than he was letting on.

Michael waved half-heartedly as a young woman not much older than Nari walked by. She in turn was smiling brightly at him and waving enthusiastically, before fixing Nari with a bit of a murderous stare. Thankfully, whoever she was, she had the tact to keep moving without stopping to interrupt.

"Eh..." Michael answered Nari's request, scratching the back of his head as he thought. "Well... It's probably not such a good idea. My mother would kill me as it is if she knew I'd been out by myself," he said, looking a bit sheepish and knowing that gave Nari ammunition against him if she ever chose to use it. "Taking you out with me... I think she'd clean bite my head off." He looked down at Nari's blue eyes again. "Man, how can I say no to those puppy dog eyes?" he asked with a sigh. "Does it have to be now?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Michael arched an eyebrow as he watched Nari first turn a pretty shade of pink, then emphatically withdraw her hand from his. "Didn't shock you, did I?" he asked, trying to keep a smile from his face at her sudden reaction to Paris's look, thinking it would likely infuriate her more than anything.

The vampire moved to easily keep in step with the shorter young woman as she turned to leave. "Or maybe I said something that made you mad?" he asked belatedly, watching as she stuffed her hands into her pockets and wore a surly expression on her face. "Or maybe I /didn't/ say something I was supposed to?" he ventured a second guess, watching her as he walked alongside her.

"You know, you should wear more red. It suits you. At least, it looks good on your cheeks," he teased, commenting on how her face was still flushed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Last edited by . on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:29 pm

"Woah," Michael responded, placing a gentle but firm hand on Nari's shoulder to stop her from speeding ahead. "I think you just jumped about 3 steps ahead of me without warning me," he said, his voice no longer amused. Rather it was a tone of concern that bled through as he regarded her, his blue eyes rather intense. "Care to fill me on exactly /what/ I've missed in that fast-working brain of yours?" he asked, placing himself directly ahead of her so that he was looking down into her face.

"You're certainly not a /nobody/, and already told you, I don't take the time to greet all the new faces around here, nor do I really ever make them promises like I made to you earlier," he said, feeling his own temper rising a little. It seemed Nari had a way of getting him riled up, despite his usually relaxed attitude. "Paris is just... Paris. Smile at her once," or twice... he wasn't about to admit to more, not right now, "and she thinks she owns you. Don't go blaming /me/ for her behavior," he grouched, defensively.

He sighed, then, taking his hand off of Nari's shoulder and moving out of her way to let her pass. "Maybe both Maria and I were wrong. It seems you're more of a tiger than a rabbit or a mouse," he said, gesturing that she was free to go. "Sorry I bothered you. I'll tell Mom and Uncle Radu that you're fine on your own, then. Just know that our -my- door is always open, should you change your mind." His voice betrayed him slightly as it was tinged with sadness at the thought of not having Nari's company like this again. The fact was that he liked her, but he wasn't about to force his presence on her if it was unwanted, either. At least, he thought it was the best action to take.

Uncle Min had never covered the rules of behavior when you actually found yourself having what he thought might be feelings for someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Last edited by . on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Michael sighed dejectedly, thinking a moment, trying to think of an appropriate answer. "Don't hold it against my Mom," he said, finally, "From what I understood, she was asked by someone else to talk to Melanie... and really she does it out of love." He stooped a little, trying to make himself eye-level with the shorter girl as he stood in front of her and smiled. "We aren't acting like this because we think you're a kid. We're doing it because we care," he confirmed, hoping the "we" portion of his statement would defer the attention away from his part in all of this at least a little. "Trust me, Mom's a master at mothering anyone and everyone that walks through those doors. It's a little embarrassing sometimes," he said as his smile turned sheepish, looking much the teenager exasperated by their parents' behavior.

He put his arm around Nari's shoulders, then and started guiding her toward her room, half lifting her to help her walk more quickly and more stably. "The only cure for being tired is a nice nap. No one can begrudge you that," he said. "Tigers need their beauty sleep, after all," he teased, stopping in front of the door he knew was hers and bowing. "Mademoiselle," he said, "you are home. Was there anything else you require?" he asked, mischief in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the kitchen? Or not...   

Back to top Go down

Back to the kitchen? Or not...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EarthAftermath :: Roleplaying :: California :: Los Angeles-
Jump to: