EarthAftermath

A nuclear war has brought the earth to near destruction, the year is 2215 you are now thrown into the cruel world of EASurvival. Mutants, raiders and all sorts of apocalyptic nasties wait to shred you to pieces. Can you survive in the new world?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The cat's out of the bag

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:29 am

Naitachel settled onto the stool provided for him, next to Nari's chair, though he still kept a hand to her shoulder. Now was not the time to let go, as beneath his enforced calm lay stirrings of panic still. To let those rise again would only serve to confuse the poor girl further--an unexpected onslaught of emotion when things were calming down. Surely she wouldn't be able to handle such.

A bit of time, however, and her mind would sort this out to a more reasonable level. Naitachel merely had to provide that time.

"If it makes you feel any better, Miss Nari, Soraya too the news rather similarly when she first learned their true natures. Almost passed out, if I recall correctly." The Seraph chuckled softly. "That was shortly before she met them, even--the news alone that there truly are real vampires was a bit difficult to absorb."

Well, that, and learning about living breathing angels and werewolves, men who could talk to animals, women who could heal at a touch, and other such oddities, but Nari did not need to know that.

<So far, so good,> Naitachel told Michael.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:45 am

Last edited by . on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:51 pm

"I fear many of them are in our native tongue, which is somewhat archaic and unreadable to any but our own now even by archaeologists," Radu told her somewhat wryly as he noted the direction of her gaze. "However, there are some wonderful English works on the sixth through tenth sets of shelves you might enjoy.There are some interesting works in several other languages, as well, from the eleventh shelves forward . You are quite welcomed to enjoy any of the selections you might find readable."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Michael couldn't help but grin at Nari's sudden shift in interest in the books, and his uncle's ability to read her intentions. At least her shock was wearing off enough to allow room for other types of thoughts as well. That was a good sign.

"There's even a book up there somewhere that Uncle Radu used to read my dad when he was a kid," Michael said, full of nostalgia, before turning back to the matter at hand.

"As for what we /do/ well," he started, looking for some adequate answer, "I guess that depends on what you're asking, really. But we drink blood, like you saw. We only take people who volunteer, and never enough to kill," he assured her quickly, "and according to Mom, it's actually quite pleasant." He licked his lips a tad nervously, ensuring that Naitachel still had his hand on Nari's shoulder, exerting his soothing influence before he continued.

"We're also really fast, and have that superhuman vision and strength and all of that. And..." he began, trying to find some way of coming to what might be the biggest shock for her, if only for her fear of what they might be able to do with such abilities, "we're telepathic. We don't ever really use those abilities unless really truly necessary, though." Heaven forbid she think he'd already intruded on her personal thoughts.

"Oh, and we come back from the dead," he added as an afterthought. "Is that what you were asking?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:17 am

Nari wrote:
"I'm not going to run away, you don't have to keep a hand on me." Clearly she had no clue that it was him keeping her calm.

The Seraph chuckled softly, smiling reassurringly. "We do not fear you running so much as fainting, I think," he told her, amused, though his hand remained where it was for the moment. "I think we shan't chance that, either, as you yourself just said that is still a strong possability."

He arched a slender eyebrow at Michael's explanation and listing of their abilities, but shrugged it off mentally a moment later. The girl did ask, after all, even if the answer may have been more than she bargained for.

He could only hope it wouldn't be too much--and overload the poor creature.

Golden eyes shifted to Radu, amused and intrigued. <You managed to rescue that book? Have you also managed to save my favorite, the songs and hymns?>

That one held a lot of nostalgic value... but if it was lost, well, so many wonderful things have been in this world, and it would be only one missing beauty among many. The Seraph didn't mind too much... because what was most important remained: his family.

Last edited by Naitachel on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Last edited by . on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Radu tried hard not to laugh as he answered her questions one at a time with, "We are, we can, we do, and no, we haven't." He paused a moment to let her sort that out, then added, "Anything else you'd like to know, child? You are quite welcomed to ask."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:52 pm

<I think she just might be okay now, Uncle Nait. What do you think?> Michael asked Naitachel. He could hear his mother's stirrings, informing him that it was about time to unveil the surprise she had planned for the seraph as well.

First, however, he had to make sure Nari was ready and up to facing the entire family.

He returned her gaze searchingly, wondering if there was more he should tell her at this point. She had, in fact, all the basics, though he hadn't gone so far as to share with her his age or much of their history. That could, however, come later. She was right, she had enough to digest as it was, and jumping into his life's story would likely only muddy up the waters even more for her.

The vampire gave her a warm smile as he dared to reach out and take her hand gently. "I suppose that's the bulk of it," he assured her. "But I do want to make sure you understand that you're safe with us. I won't ever let anyone get to you, or do to you what they did to you, you know, before," he said softly, referring to her past as a slave. "That promise I made... now you can understand /how/ I can make it and keep it." He spoke with conviction and certainty and sincerity, and he hoped Nari would believe him and understand just how strongly he meant it.

"You're safe here," he said again as he squeezed her hand gently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:27 am

Naitachel considered what he could pick up from Nari, then silently nodded in agreement with Michael, finally releasing his gentle grip on the girl's shoulder and settling his hands in his large, loose sleeves.

Watching the young vampire promise to Nari, the Seraph tried to hide a slight, knowing smile. Oh, Michael was certainly wearing his heart on his sleeve now. Where had their little playboy gone? Golden eyes flicked to meet Radu's, and sent a silent chuckle. <It appears we have another family member...>

"You could not be safer, Miss Nari," Naitachel agreed quietly, smiling on his stool like a contented Buddha. "Besides... for all our eccentricities and oddities, we are pleasant company and form a wonderful whole, as a Family."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Michael nodded grimly, remember the photograph he had seen earlier in the now-broken picture frame in Nari's backpack. He made a mental note of going in search of a new frame for it, knowing such a treasure shouldn't be left unprotected. He wished there was more he could do. Then again, given enough time, perhaps she could find a new makeshift family. Perhaps that would be his own.

"Yeah, Mom did say she was going to do that," Michael agreed gently with a smile. He knew what it was that had held up the tea, and he took Nari's hand and squeezed gently, giving her a quick conspiratorial wink. He hoped she would go along with this easily enough.

<Is the tea ready?> Michael asked Soraya, knowing that she would pick up on his coded meaning.

<It is,> she answered quickly with obvious amusement, <and it is in the common room>.

The vampire hummed loudly, as though some great revelation had been had. "The tea is in the common room," he informed the others aloud for Nari's sake. The other two had likely overheard the exchange. "She must have misunderstood," he said, clearing his throat, and offering Nari his arm as he stood.

"Shall we go?" he suggested before leading her out of the room, preceding Naitachel and Radu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The cat's out of the bag   

Back to top Go down

The cat's out of the bag
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EarthAftermath :: Roleplaying :: California :: Los Angeles-
Jump to: