EarthAftermath

A nuclear war has brought the earth to near destruction, the year is 2215 you are now thrown into the cruel world of EASurvival. Mutants, raiders and all sorts of apocalyptic nasties wait to shred you to pieces. Can you survive in the new world?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The earth rumbles

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 am

"I... *Hack, cough, cough* I am well--*cough*--enough," Naitachel hacked, his coughing audible before his voice could be, and sounding a bit hoarse at that. "Please--I will *cough* come to you... Too dusty here..."

Within a few minutes, a faint glow could be seen, rippling in the dark, drawing closer... only for Naitachel's white robes to step into the beam of Everett's flashlight. The worst of the dust had already dropped from him, washed off by his natural purifying tendency, but scarlet tears still streaked his cheeks from trying to regain his breath, and he kept the cuff of a sleeve over mouth and nose.

"I can feel... some are hurt, several trapped... *Cough* It is difficult to tell who..." he admitted out loud, for Everett's sake. <Give me a moment... and I may lower my shields to investigate. I felt Radu checking on us--they are well, but must dig themselves free... I do not know about those not with him yet, however...>

He had noted Radu's concern, but hadn't caught as to who the vampire was worried about. They were too busy down there for him to wish to disturb or distract by asking. Besides, he could find out on his own, once he regained his breath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everett Mccoy

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:00 am

Everett found Soraya and took one of the masks off his arm. Wetting it with some water he had in a bottle, he helped her put it on. "There, that should help your breathing a bit," he said, hopeful it would indeed help her.

He helped Soraya through the dark, checking the floor, making sure there was nothing that would trip her, and make her fall. After a few minutes they found Naitachel, and Everett heard his coughs and his attempts at breathing so he pulled off another mask, wetting it and offering it to Naitachel.

"Naitachel are you hurt at all?" he asked with concern.

The place was a mess--stuff was thrown everywhere and shelves and things had toppled over pretty badly.

"I'll be right back."

Everett cleaned out a space for the two of them to sit and relax so they could catch their breath.

"Here sit down for a moment and catch your breath; I am going to go see what is going with the power. Take my flash light--I have another smaller one. That one should have plenty of power in it," he said. "I will return soon."

With that Everett was off to go find Eric.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Last edited by . on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Last edited by NPC on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 am

Radu, Mircea, Vlad and Tommen finished digging their way out as Radu answered Michael, stating only, <We come, child.>

He cast a concerned glance toward Vlad as he told Mircea and Tommen, "Take the westward tunnels. Seek out all the survivors you can and take them to the reinforced shelter area. Do all you can to ensure their survival. Min and the others will search out the eastward tunnels and meet you back there. Vlad, you're with me."

Min, Matty and the twins broke through the wall of rubble and climbed through to find a group of children peering anxiously down a whole crack in the earth beneath them.

"Our teacher fell there," one of the children sobbed. "Ian went after him but they didn't come back."

Jina began checking the children for injury and Min started digging through the next wall of rubble as Matty jumped down the hole. When he jumped back up, he had a man slung over each shoulder. Both were slim, short and relatively young. The elder was perhaps in his early twenties, no more than 5'8". The younger was perhaps 16, and no taller than 5'5". Both were unconscious, their longish brown curls cascading down Matthias' back as he held them. Receiving Radu's directions, Matty took the children and wounded off toward the shelter area as the others continued on the moment they cleared the way.

Radu stumbled, Nari's cry hitting him full force. Helping him to his feet, Vlad and Radu continued at a run until they reached the door with the broken lock, Min and the twins joining them from the opposite direction. Finding the door stuck despite the broken lock, Radu asked, <Children, we are at the door. Is it barred with rubble or only sticking?>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Soraya accepted the mask Everett offered her, and though it helped at first, she found that it was rather stifling, particularly once the majority of the dust had settled. Having it cover her mouth made it difficult to take the deep gulps of air she craved as she tried to calm herself, afraid and on the edge of panic, wondering where Vlad and Michael were.

She removed the mask after she sat where the young man had suggested, and she looked up to Naitachel with round, deep sea-colored eyes while Everett exited the room.

"Vlad and Michael?" she asked again weakly. "Naitachel, please, if you know something, tell me," she begged. "Are they among the hurt?"

Suddenly, sitting here seemed impossible, and she stood. "We need to go find them," she said decisively. "We need to help."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Tommen nodded grimly at Radu's instructions and did as bid, though his own mind wandered in his brother's direction. The rest of his family, it seemed was safe, but Michael had managed to get himself into trouble. Again.

<Always the trouble maker,> he sighed inwardly for his father and uncles, though behind the somber quip, there was obvious worry. <I have no idea how it is that your and Mom's hair hasn't turned grey from having to raise him,> he added for Vlad.

---------------

However hard he fought to contain it, Michael couldn't help but groan as pain lanced up his leg, his grasp on consciousness slipping little by little.

<I don't know about the door,> Michael answered, knowing which it was that Radu was referring to. <It might just be stuck. Nari and I are stuck inside the cavern at the back of that area. There was a cave-in, we can't get out and... I'm...> He trailed off, knowing his great uncle would be able to determine his condition based on his mental state.

"First aid won't help, Nari," he choked out aloud, breathing erratically. "I'm a vampire... I'm supposed to heal... but I can only heal from injuries this traumatic with the help of one thing," he said, hating what he was about to do. He didn't want for the first time to be like this, under duress. He didn't want to have to force this on her, or ask her at all, in fact. He had hoped that perhaps /she/ would be the one to offer it to him when she was ready, someday, but necessity apparently had other ideas in mind.

"Nari, I need your blood," he finally said, opening his eyes and fixing her with as steady a gaze as he could manage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:29 am

Naitachel waved away Everett's offered makeshift mask, content enough with his sleeve. After all, there were benefits to his purifying capabilities--one being that his sleeve would be clean at all times, even now, and thus his breathing through it would be far clearer than without any such protection.

"Thank you, Everett, but I am fine with this," he answered, voice rougher now after trying to sing that low note, and muffled by the white cloth. "I am unhurt."

Everett wrote:
"Here sit down for a moment and catch your breath; I am going to go see what is going with the power. Take my flash light--I have another smaller one. That one should have plenty of power in it," he said. "I will return soon."

Naitachel handed the flashlight to Soraya as the young man ran off. He himself didn't need it. But he settled on the cleared place, tail curling around him, and simply waited to regain his breath.

The lights flickered and came back on, along with the groaning rumble of the fans, struggling with damaged tunnels and ventilation shafts.

The Seraph smiled in relief, feeling an echo through his shields from everyone within the underground complex.

Soraya wrote:
"Vlad and Michael?" she asked again weakly. "Naitachel, please, if you know something, tell me," she begged. "Are they among the hurt?"
Suddenly, sitting here seemed impossible, and she stood. "We need to go find them," she said decisively. "We need to help."

Closing his eyes, Naitachel slid his mental and emotional shields down, brow furrowing at the onslaught of emotions from all around, the panic and fear and pain and worry... Sorting through them was an effort, locating each person emitting them even harder, but he touched his mate's mind, then lightly brushed others...

"Vlad is with Radu--they are trying to rescue... Michael is hurt, and Nari trapped with him?" Golden eyes snapped open as he caught that information from his mate. "They are too far down, Soraya, for us to be of any use. However, Vlad and Radu are not alone--they have Min and the twins with them, and are not far from the pair. We must trust them to accomplish this task... However, if you are recovered enough, perhaps we might prepare for them bringing Michael up--likely he shall require feeding, and Nari may be injured as well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:04 pm

"Back up," Radu told the others before throwing all of his inhuman strength against the door, breathing a sigh when it opened, only to frown when he found all of the fallen rubble between them and the children. He wasted no time contemplating the pile, instead setting himself to digging, his nieces and nephews beside him.

Tears sprang to Vlad's eyes as he dug. He could feel his son's struggle which filled him with a rising sense of panic as he fought to reach his son.

Min began digging almost frantically. <Hang on, Mike, I'm coming,> he sent as he dug, fighting against the sense of desperation that he felt. Michael was injured, weakening rapidly. Nari, the human he loved, was close by. Perhaps too close. The possibilities for disaster were endless, especially if she were bleeding as well. He could lose control of the bloodlust in his weakened state. Worse, he could meet another death with her there, too close during reawakening...

Min knew Michael cared for the girl. To lose her that way would be more than he could ever bear...

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 pm

Last edited by . on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everett Mccoy

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Everett made his way through the tunnels, having to take some alternate paths because of collapsed areas. "Dammit!" he swore under his breath. He knew there were people most likely trapped and terrified. About half way there, the lights came back on. Good then, Eric had gotten the backup power to come online!

Still, Everett wanted to make sure he was there in case Eric needed help with anything.

Everett arrived a few minutes later to the shop.

"Hey, Eric, I came as soon as I could--everything okay? Should I check on the security measures and make sure it's all working properly?" Everett asked, worried, knowing what the outside world held.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 pm

"Michael is hurt?" Soraya asked, blanching considerably at that particular bit of news. "How badly? And Nari?" she asked, swallowing with some difficulty.

She supposed Naitachel was right, that they should go assist in preparing for the care of those injured. She would have suggested heading to the infirmary, but she knew Naitachel would likely be overwhelmed by the emotions there. They would have to clear out one of their own rooms to ready for the two of them, and to locate KC to tend to Nari, as Lindsay would likely be busy with others.

She felt nearly nauseous at the thought of her son buried under tons of rock, hurt, or worse, with her husband braving the dangers of further cave ins to get to him. <Be safe. I need you both home and in my arms safely,> she sent to Vlad in a near panic, not knowing whether her thoughts were powerful enough to actually reach Vlad. Her stomach was in knots and her tears threatened to overcome her.

Somehow, still, she found the strength to stand just as the lights returned, taking a few moments to allow her eyes to adjust to the brightness, even through the lingering dust.

The room before her was, indeed, a disaster. She hated to think of what a tremor of this magnitude had done to the lower levels, where her family was trapped. Where other innocents must be trapped as well. She took her emotions in hand as firmly as she could, which wasn't saying much, then took a few deep breaths, knowing that there was little she could do to help those trapped below. Her son, however, she could help. She hoped.

"We need to clear out one of the unused servants' quarters," she said shakily, as she put one hand against the wall to steady herself, the other resting lightly on her stomach. "Make sure the bed and space are usable for when they get out. And we need to find KC."

Last edited by Soraya on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Nari wrote:

Nari froze over him, her eyes widening as she stared down at him. Yes, she knew he was a vampire, and yes, she knew he needed blood from time to time, but she hadn't even thought about him taking any of hers. That the idea frightened her was evident, for her fear rolled off of her in waves. She closed her eyes for a moment, shivering even harder as the damp chill of the cavern started cutting into her now that the shock was wearing off. "I... you..." She took a deep breath, then started choking on the dust that clogged her lungs. Nari thrust out her arm to him, opening her eyes to look at him again, brave fear in her eyes. "Just... do it... It... it won't hurt, will it?" She could hear rumblings coming from the cave in, but she had no idea that it was Radu and the others on the other side trying to reach them.

Michael had hoped that the first time he fed from Nari, it would be out of desire, not necessity. He had hoped that it would be a gentle, tender affair, where he could ease her into it and promise her she would be safe while also allowing her the chance to say she had changed her mind for several long moments before sinking his fangs into her ivory skin. He had wanted to hold her close as he nuzzled her neck first, then softly pierced her skin to savor her life-giving blood.

Unfortunately, none of those things came to fruition. He was nearly incensed with need as Nari's wrist appeared before him, tauntingly warm. Combined with the smell of the blood she had already lost, and Michael barely had the time to form a half-coherent promise of, "I'll be as gentle as I can," to her question of whether it would hurt.

Silently, he called out to his father and uncles, <Please! Hurry!> He knew this was a losing battle, and he feared what he would do to Nari if he were left unchecked, but his control was quickly slipping away.

"I'm sorry," he said to Nari, finally giving in and allowing his fangs to dig into Nari's wrist.

And he was as gentle as he could be, though still in this state it was good that his venom would desensitize her, and hopefully make this pleasurable for her rather than a nightmare. The bloodlust overtook him as he began drinking deeply from her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:21 am

They burst through the rubble wall together, with Vlad rushing to his son's side and Min monitoring the feeding and tending to Nari's injuries as Radu prepared Michael to be moved. Nodding to Min, he broke Michael's hold, freeing his grip on Nari's wrist.

<It's bad,> Vlad told Soraya honestly, <But he'll be alright. We just need...> He stopped, overcome with emotion. <Have volunteers ready for Michael, and KC for Nari... maybe for both... his need is great.>

Radu picked up Nari and Vlad gently cradled his son in his arms. "Find KC and get her to our chambers," Radu instructed Min quietly as he sent but two words ahead to Soraya and Naitachel.<We come.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Naitachel winced as he tried to reach down, sense Michael and Nari directly, but to do so meant passing many other strongly emotional people by, and the tumult of emotions beat hard at him, enough to start a headache. After a moment, he pulled his mental and emotional shields back up, unable to withstand it further.

"I am not certain about Nari's condition, though her fear is evident--as is... well..." the Seraph coughed delicately, "...certain emotions suggesting Michael has fed from her. Before you ask, no, there is no fear of him, so it was not forced. The others are worried, of course, for both, though at least Michael will endure this catastrophe. I do hope Nari shall, as well, considering how he cares for her."

He reached a hand to help steady Soraya, and waited until she seemed more certain of her feet before letting her go. A slender hand indicated down the hallway. "If you might go find a volunteer, Soraya, I shall see to clearing a room there, and perhaps even stocking it with what may be needed. Best if you attempt no heavy lifting in your state--and I come equipped with my own broom," he teased, trying to lighten the atmosphere a bit.

With that, Naitachel navigated through the mess in the room to the door, and from there to the unused bedroom of the servant's quarters, with two twin-sized beds. There, he had to drag out the fallen and shattered armoire, and a broken chair. With wings and tail, using his sleeves to keep the dust from his lungs, he swept the floor clear all the way to the door. Stripping off the dustcovers from the beds and undamaged furniture, he was thrilled they had been placed over the furniture before the quake as they kept everything clear of debris from the ceiling and his own housekeeping attempts. There remained a couple wobbly side-tables, a scraped but solid desk, three chairs, and one bedframe's leg was cracked (but still sound) while the other bed was solid. It was enough for a pair of patients, hopefully.

The storage drawers beneath the beds supplied him with linens to make them hastily and pillows to pile up for injured bodies. A swift stride into the small bathroom made him wince at all the cracked tiles and the shattered mirror--then he began cleaning that aside, into a pile behind the toilet and against the wall, before testing the water system. The pipes banged and groaned, but at least what emerged was clear, and he filled a bucket from the tub, scavenging what clean towels he could from the shelves of the wall-closet, kicking the fallen and dirty ones aside with the debris to be dealt with later. A basic first-aid kit was also in the closet, miraculously undamaged, so he brought that out as well.

Setting his finds on one of the tables by the beds, the Seraph acknowledged his mate's call, and returned to the vampires as well as Soraya (so that she knew which room was ready as well), <Here--I have a clean and comfortable place readied for them, water, towels, some supplies.>

Having done what he could on such short notice, he waited for the rescuers, the victims, and Soraya's volunteers, knowing it would not be long before they arrived, and wanting to stay on hand in case anything needed to be sterilized... a service he could easily provide. If they did not need him, he could always set to finishing cleaning up the damage in the bathroom...

...Or...

<Soraya... are you well still? No pains, correct? If you like, I might check your little one once this crisis reaches a lull.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Last edited by . on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Prince wrote:
<It's bad,> Vlad told Soraya honestly, <But he'll be alright. We just need...> He stopped, overcome with emotion. <Have volunteers ready for Michael, and KC for Nari... maybe for both... his need is great.>

At Vlad's words, Soraya nearly lost her carefully composed self-control. He would not have made such an admission of the severity of things lightly.

<I will find them,> she agreed quickly, having already located KC with her empathy even through the haze of pain and confusion that was reaching her. <Be careful. I am not sure how much of the tunnels are safe,> she warned, getting vague notions of various cave-ins and unstable grounds.

Naitachel wrote:
Naitachel winced as he tried to reach down, sense Michael and Nari directly, but to do so meant passing many other strongly emotional people by, and the tumult of emotions beat hard at him, enough to start a headache. After a moment, he pulled his mental and emotional shields back up, unable to withstand it further.

"I am not certain about Nari's condition, though her fear is evident--as is... well..." the Seraph coughed delicately, "...certain emotions suggesting Michael has fed from her. Before you ask, no, there is no fear of him, so it was not forced. The others are worried, of course, for both, though at least Michael will endure this catastrophe. I do hope Nari shall, as well, considering how he cares for her."

He reached a hand to help steady Soraya, and waited until she seemed more certain of her feet before letting her go. A slender hand indicated down the hallway. "If you might go find a volunteer, Soraya, I shall see to clearing a room there, and perhaps even stocking it with what may be needed. Best if you attempt no heavy lifting in your state--and I come equipped with my own broom," he teased, trying to lighten the atmosphere a bit.

Soraya nodded somberly at Naitachel's own explanation of events and closed her eyes a few moments. She and Michael had spoken before about his plans regarding things with Nari, given her fragile state, and she knew he hadn't wanted to push her into anything. She certainly knew this wasn't the way he had wanted things to go between them, and she knew he would be unhappy with this turn of events. It was good, however, that Nari wasn't afraid /of/ him.

"Well, at least it seems he is not yet so badly off as to have gone feral," she said, glancing at Naitachel and giving him a weak smile. "Thank you. I know searching for him, for them, must not have been easy on you amidst the chaos."

She then nodded in agreement with Naitachel's suggestion of the divisions of labor. "KC should be on her way to you," she informed the seraph - Brianna had been with the other redhead at the time of the quake, and it was easy enough for her to relay the message for Soraya. "Finding a volunteer in this chaos, however, is an entirely different story. I think I would quite prefer to use a broom, built in or not, to sweep the room than try to convince one of our shaken colonists to be willing to feed an injured vampire," she answered wryly. She hoped she could find one of their regular volunteers quickly, as the suggestion to be a meal to someone in this particular moment, she feared, would likely not go over so well.

"Wish me luck," she grumbled as she picked her way through the debris and out of their quarters. The dust in the main tunnels had begun to settle as well, and the emergency lights shone through it, giving the world an eerie, haloed look. Somewhere nearby she could hear crying and talking, and she sent a quiet word of thanks for the fact that these people, at least, were safe, and that the tunnel's integrity seemed intact.

"Hello?" she called out, waving her hand in front of her face to clear some dust as she entered one of the common areas. The voices she had heard quickly rose as several others came to her side, first asking after her well being, then asking about what was happening.

It took her several minutes to calm the group down and to share as much as she knew, then to further divide those she had found into appropriate tasks. When she asked for a volunteer, however, she met with the uncomfortable silence she had expected. After several moments, however, a young, lanky african-american man named Henry timidly spoke up. He offered Soraya his arm to assist her through the tunnels back to the family's quarters as the others dispersed to their agreed upon tasks as Naitachel's voice reached her.

Naitachel wrote:

<Soraya... are you well still? No pains, correct? If you like, I might check your little one once this crisis reaches a lull.>

<Only the pains where I was cut by falling debris and where I hit my head on the table,> she answered, resting her hand on the stomach to which he was referring as Henry helped her over some fallen furniture. <Though if you would not mind, I /would/ appreciate you checking in with him or her. Simply for peace of mind,> she agreed. She vaguely wondered if Naitachel would be able to tell her the sex of the baby yet; it was a skill he had put to use for her in the past.

It only took a few moments for she and the nervous Henry to reach the cleared out quarters where Michael should be arriving soon. "Wow, that broom works wonders," she managed wryly, fidgeting and looking down the hallway to see if she could spot her family. They had, after all, announced their imminent arrival.

"This is Henry, by the way," she introduced Naitachel quickly. "He was kind enough to volunteer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Prince wrote:
They burst through the rubble wall together, with Vlad rushing to his son's side and Min monitoring the feeding and tending to Nari's injuries as Radu prepared Michael to be moved. Nodding to Min, he broke Michael's hold, freeing his grip on Nari's wrist.

Radu picked up Nari and Vlad gently cradled his son in his arms. "Find KC and get her to our chambers," Radu instructed Min quietly as he sent but two words ahead to Soraya and Naitachel.<We come.>

As Vlad forced Michael to break his grip on Nari, the vampire felt an ache through his body. Not only was his previously injured spine now mending, allowing him to feel the full extent of his injuries, but now he was forced to give up the sweet life-giving blood for which he hungered so deeply. He groaned in protest, fangs still bared, as his girl was taken away from him. He knew, logically, that this was what was best, that he had likely already taken a bit too much, but his baser instincts and needs still screamed painfully for his attention.

And Michael screamed aloud in pain and frustration as Vlad picked him up, only half-coherent.

<I need more!> he growled to his family, before realizing what he was saying.

His eyes rolled as he began searching for her. <Where is she? Is she safe? I think I... I think I took too much,> he said miserably to them.

Aloud, his voice came weak, "Nari."

---------------------

Brianna cocked her head to the side contemplatively before she began tugging on KC's hand. The girl had been following KC as she did her duties, being her usual curious, perhaps overly so, self, as she asked the redhead question after question about why she did things the way she did.

She knew most of the answers, yet still, she enjoyed KC's company, and this was the best excuse she could find to have it. Besides, KC usually found some silly ways to answer that made her laugh.

"Mommy says we need to hurry back to the empty servants' quarters," she informed the young woman. "Michael's hurt, and he might have hurt Nari, too. They need you to look after her while he feeds," she said, blue eyes wide with worry.

"Oh," she said after another eyes-glazed-over moment. "Uncle Min's coming to get us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:46 am

<She'll be fine,> Vlad assured his son, hoping it was the truth. <Rest easy. Everything's going to be fine...>

Min arrived even as Brianna announced his approach. KC didn't waste any time asking questions. She knew the family well enough to know that they didn't alarm easily. If they were this worried, there was good reason. The wrapped one arm around Min's neck and the other around Brianna's waste, holding tightly to her medical kit and let him get her to where she was needed, hoping they weren't already too late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Soraya wrote:
"This is Henry, by the way," she introduced Naitachel quickly. "He was kind enough to volunteer."

Naitachel bowed to the gentleman politely, smiling brightly. "Naitachel, and glad and grateful for your courage and generosity, Henry. If you would have a seat by the bed there? Our patients have yet to arrive." A wave of his arm indicated a chair drawn up by the nearest bed.

Grabbing another chair, a bit out of the way by the table, the Seraph turned it toward Soraya. <You know them better, and many still look upon me with suspicion, so you are the better candidate to ask favors of the colonists. Besides, it is easy to clean up dust when one has high-grade feathers,> he teased. <However, I have yet to finish the bathroom completely, so disregard the mess within. It shall keep until the worst of the crisis has passed.> Patting the chair, he offered her a reassuring smile. <They will be along shortly, and then we may see to their ills. The unknown is always worse. Sit, rest for the child. Whenever you like, I may see to you, and it. My only use from here on is to sterilize or soothe and sing away pain.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:00 am

Last edited by . on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:12 am

Henry fidgeted nervously, though he did as the seraph bid him, sitting on a nearby chair to await those who he was supposed to help. Soraya smiled at him encouragingly.

"Do not worry," she assured him. "It does not hurt."

<The bathroom is fully disregarded,> she promised Naitachel wryly. <You sound like a nesting mother-to-be, worried about the state of your home and its cleanliness in the strangest of times,> she teased in return. <That should be my job, no?>

She began pacing the room, though Naitachel bid her sit. <I... do not think I can remain still,> she answered his calls to rest as she walked across the narrow room again.

When Vlad finally emerged carrying Michael, followed by an ailing Nari, Soraya gasped, tears even closer to the surface at the sight of her son bleeding and the object of his interest obviously weakened herself. Probably due to Michael's own hand. Her heart nearly broke at this, and she hoped the girl would have it in her to forgive him. That was, however, after they got them through this particular crisis.

"Oh Michael," she managed thickly, retreating to Naitachel's side for comfort as the patients were placed onto beds. She knew the room was crowded already, that they should move, but she couldn't bring herself to walk away from her son in this state. She found herself struggling to maintain her composure as she slipped further into panic.

Last edited by Soraya on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:20 am

Michael's vision remained darker than it should have been as he felt his father's movement toward what he assumed was their quarters. He was too far gone to really pay attention.

As they emerged into the room, he heard his mother call out his name, and did what he could to turn in her direction to favor her with a weak smile. As he was lowered onto the bed, however, the smile turned into a grimace and he groaned in pain, unable to completely contain his reaction. The whole brought another pained gasp from his mother, and he immediately felt guilty for worrying her more than he should.

The other problem with her presence was that he could hear her pulse, fast and strong, and he hungered for more.

<Dad,> he called plaintively, hoping his father had some answer that would relieve this physical and mental agony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:53 am

<Here, son,> Vlad assured him as Radu drew Henry over and seated him beside his nephew. Henry wasted no time in offering a wrist, knowing the feeding would be monitored well.

KC moved to Nari's side, taking her vitals quickly, then began tending to her, hanging a bag of fluids and proceeding to treat her injuries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:12 am

Naitachel chucked at Soraya's teasing, but all mirth fled on seeing the injured pair brought in. Michael was certainly in a bad way, and Nari very weak. But the vampires knew how to handle such a situation, and KC was expertly tending to Nari by hooking her up to fluids.

Much as he wanted to watch KC's work, as he had begun reading some medical texts, and to offer a song to sooth the anxiety of the room in general, even the pain of their injuries... the Seraph could feel Soraya's growing anxiety and fragile emotional state, and chose to help with her instead.

Wrapping her in his sleeves, his arms enclosing her shoulders, he pressed his soothing influence on her, body and soul... Wait... soul-s? Yes, of course, she was with child... children... Children? He felt... yes, faint, but true, two small sparks beating as one, not just one growing within the woman!

But now was not the time to say anything. Instead, he carefully drew Soraya with him for the door. <Come with me,> he told the pregnant woman softly, gently. <Best we wait outside, and let them work and aid them. They will be alright. You will likely feel better if you do not watch.>

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   

Back to top Go down

The earth rumbles
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next