EarthAftermath

A nuclear war has brought the earth to near destruction, the year is 2215 you are now thrown into the cruel world of EASurvival. Mutants, raiders and all sorts of apocalyptic nasties wait to shred you to pieces. Can you survive in the new world?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The earth rumbles

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Soraya made a helpless sound as Naitachel gently guided her out of the room. She followed without arguing, though she turned her head to peer behind her, eyes locked on the sight of her son laying on the bed as long as proximity would allow them to be. She let out a choked sob, and closed her eyes tightly when he was finally obscured from her. And this was /with/ Naitachel's comfort.

<He will be alright,> she said shakily, uncertainly. It was said as much to comfort herself as to Naitachel, though it was obvious the words were difficult for her to say, and even more difficult for her to believe. She trembled in Naitachel's arms as she found a nearby bench that had miraculously not toppled and sank onto it heavily.

"Perhaps... perhaps you should check on the little one," she suggested, grasping at straws to distract herself from what was happening in that room. She looked up at Naitachel with tear-rimmed eyes, and took a deep breath to steady herself further, feeling the seraph's influence further calm her. She was far from relaxed, but she had herself more in hand, which was a start.

<Promise me you will tell me if anything changes,> she called to Vlad. She wanted to be there if either Michael or Nari worsened. She paused and quickly added for his benefit, <I thank the gods that you are well and safe, at least. Though are you hurt? We shall have to see you tended to and fed as well, I suspect.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Michael was barely coherent enough to register that it was a wrist, and not Nari's, that was presented to him. He was still incoherent enough that nothing beyond that actually registered. Warm blood. Nourishment and lifeblood that would make this pain go away. That was all that mattered.

Michael greedily bit into the flesh and drank deeply again, though thankfully not as deeply as he had with Nari. Of course, it helped that his family was there and that they were coherent enough to caution that he had taken enough. He reluctantly released Henry, knowing that his body would still need some time to heal even with these dual feedings.

<Thanks,> he sent out to his family, as well as KC, grateful that they got to not only him so quickly, but also to Nari.

It took only moments after that for sleep to overtake him.

----------------------------------

The moment she saw her mother, Brianna ran to her and buried her head in her shoulder. "I'm glad you didn't get hurt," she cooed, before peering at Naitachel to include him in the statement. "Will Michael be okay?" she asked.

Soraya, of course, smiled and soothed her daughter with an, "Of course he will be." She kissed the top of Brianna's head before asking a concerned, "Are you hurt?"

Brianna vehemently shook her head. "KC made sure I didn't get hurt, even though I told her I'd get better even if something did fall on me and that she might not."

Her head cocked to the side then, as if listening in on something. "I think Henry needs some food after feeding Michael. I'll go get him some," she stated, knowing her mother should remain seated and tended to. "I'll be back in a little while," she said, dashing off toward what used to be their kitchen without waiting for an answer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:51 pm

"He will be alright," Naitachel assured both Soraya and Brianna gently, even as he sat beside Soraya on the bench, keeping her wrapped in his arms to continue that calming influence. "Michael has weathered worse, and shall be fine. Nari, too, is in good hands and shall recover."

He believed it, anyway. He could feel their lives regaining strength in the next room. At least there would be no death here, tonight.

The Seraph waited until Brianna had dashed off, though, before removing his embrace to set his hands on Soraya's tummy, closing his eyes a moment. Yes... He confirmed two sparks, beating as one, yet distinctly different, and growing. Two innocent, beautiful lives, developing into something intricate, something special, a bit at a time...

Opening his eyes, Naitachel smiled sheepishly at Soraya. "Ah... Soraya... I am uncertain how you may take this news... There is... something you should know..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:17 am

Soraya looked after her daughter a few moments before she felt the warmth of Naitachel's hands on her stomach. He seemed deep in thought a few moments, and the redhead awaited the verdict with anticipation. Still, she was fairly sure that her stomach had been protected during the initial tremor, and though she had been under a large amount of stress, she doubted there had been any adverse effects from that. She would have, at the least, felt it if anything were amiss. Right?

Naitachel wrote:
"Ah... Soraya... I am uncertain how you may take this news... There is... something you should know..."

he began as a preamble.

Immediately, Soraya's stomach dropped, and her heart constricted. No. She had already almost lost Michael today. She couldn't lose a second child, this one permanently, this day. She couldn't bear to lose her child, period. Not after feeling it move for the first time only what seemed like minutes before. Though he or she hadn't been born yet, she loved this baby just as truly as she loved her other children. The idea of losing that, of mourning the treasure that, for the moment, was growing within her...

"No," she breathed, looking at the seraph with desperation. "Naitachel, please. Tell me all is well. Please," she begged. In her fear, she reached out for Vlad, for his presence and comfort when the seraph broke whatever news this would be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:27 am

Staying close to his son, Vlad reached out for his wife, offering a gentle mental caress. <Peace, dearest. Don't be afraid. Just hear what he has to say.>

As much as he wanted to go and wrap his arms around her, he didn't dare leave Michael's side. Not now. Not yet.

"I've got him," Radu assured him.

Vlad blinked, whispered, "Thank you." Then, patting his son's shoulder, he rose and moved to Soraya's side. Wrapping an arm around her shoulders, he asked, "What news, Naitachel?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:37 pm

"As far as bad news entails, I fear this may be a bit more difficult than any previous time you were carrying," Naitachel informed Soraya, giving both parents an apologetic look. "However, on the brighter side, they are well... but... that is the reason itself that your pregnancy shall be difficult--you carry two, not one. Two healthy and unharmed, so in that, this is good news, yes?" the angel offered, smiling. "I think this is a pleasant discovery, for such a frightful moment. Perhaps in a week or so, I may even be able to tell you their gender as well, for that has yet to manifest with any certainty."

In a sense, the tragedy of the day had brought them to this wonderful discovery. For, had the earthquake not occurred, Naitachel would not have noticed so soon about the twins. The loss of life was minimal, the Seraph could feel that much amid the pain and fear of this natural disaster--and yet, he also knew that those lost would meet as they deserved in the world beyond, something that always set his own heart at peace. The living were the ones to worry over, with their fear and pain and sorrow. The irony of good news amid all this was gently amusing. Heartening news, amid the fear and pain.

Naitachel silently shared the news with his mate, as well. <There is a purpose for everything,> he chuckled. <Joy amid crisis and tragedy.>

Later, he would do what he could for the living--and sing again, to let his song ring through the halls to soothe and ease the pain and sorrow as best he can. And, if the colonists wished, he would offer what send off he could for those souls lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:53 am

Soraya leaned in to Vlad for comfort as he rested his arm around her, though she quickly sent her senses out to make sure Michael was indeed still well, even with her husband present next to her. Even through her worry for this child, she worried for him still. This anxiety couldn't be good for her blood pressure.

Naitachel wrote:
"As far as bad news entails, I fear this may be a bit more difficult than any previous time you were carrying," Naitachel informed Soraya, giving both parents an apologetic look. "However, on the brighter side, they are well... but... that is the reason itself that your pregnancy shall be difficult--you carry two, not one. Two healthy and unharmed, so in that, this is good news, yes?" the angel offered, smiling. "I think this is a pleasant discovery, for such a frightful moment. Perhaps in a week or so, I may even be able to tell you their gender as well, for that has yet to manifest with any certainty."

"Two?" Soraya whispered, shocked. "Twins?" Two babies? Are you sure, Naitachel?" Her hand instinctually went to the growing swell, her face registering awe. It made sense. After all, she had been one of a pair of twins, and there were twins on Vlad's side as well, in the form of Lisa and Jina. She had been particularly tired and nauseous this time around, and though she was past her first trimester, the symptoms persisted. And her belly seemed to be growing more quickly, as well.

Still, she blanched and swooned at the news, leaning more heavily against Vlad for steadiness, her head suddenly swimming. She could feel her breathing become heavier with surprise.

She feared Naitachel was right - this pregnancy and delivery was bound to be her most difficult yet, particularly given what tools they would have to work with now, something more akin to when Tommen had been born, but without the trained traditional healers' help. All medical personnel they had at their disposal were used to the luxury of technology that was no longer serviceable.

But something further frightened her even more deeply.

Twice the number of babies she would have to protect, to keep safe. Two children she would have to worry about. These days, it would be difficult enough to protect one child. But two? How would they ever manage? The prospect seemed almost impossible.

And yet...Naitachel /was/ right about something else. This was was /good/ news. Two babies, two new souls, two new members to their family. Twice the love and happiness, twice the laughter, first steps and first words. Two new belly-buttons, 20 toes instead of 10...

"Twins," she breathed again, turning to Vlad as a smile inched across her face and grew into an all-out grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:27 am

Vlad looked stunned, then slowly smiled. Twins. Mentally, he embraced his wife again.

"Wow...two more to corrup...er...teach..." Min quipped, trying to ease the tension there in the room. "Lucky us. Congratulations. Both of you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 pm

"Yes... twins, two souls in there glowing as one," Naitachel confirmed for the proud parents, certain of his findings and almost glowing with happiness for the pair. "Healthy and happy, though I am yet unable to determine gender for you. Perhaps in a couple weeks."

Standing, the Seraph moved aside, to leave the pair some privacy in digesting this news. Returning to the bedroom, he peeked at Michael and Nari from the doorway, and thought...

On the happiness of his friends, family, and "in-laws".

On the near-tragedy of the two sleeping here.

On the pain and sorrow still around and below...

...and on what ways he might do something to ease the latter, while yet aiding those in this room. He couldn't hold still while his empathy roared with the unhappiness of others. But the Seraph had no skill to heal or save injured bodies.

Folding wings back beneath his robes, Naitachel turned and started for the hallway to find the chapel, and try his dedication song again, to ease minds and sooth bodies and offer what solace his voice could to the colony as a whole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:05 am

Vlad's mental brace was hardly enough for Soraya. This news came on the heels of the emotional shock of seeing Michael hurt, and yet still, though her thoughts were irrevocably with her son, her spirits were suddenly lifted. Unable to contain her reaction, she threw her arms around Vlad and held him tightly, kissing him.

"It seems we have gone above and beyond this time," she teased him as she hugged him, unaware of Naitachel's exit. She remained thus, in his embrace, for some time, thoughts in disarray and mind racing; there was so much /more/ to do, now, to prepare, and so many more worries. She would have to make sure Lindsay knew, and that they would have everything they needed in terms of supplies. And there was....

The redhead sighed as she finally released her husband and wiped a few happy tears from her cheeks.

"You should go help the others, if you are unhurt," she said reluctantly. "There is likely much work to be done. I will see to Michael and Nari, make sure that they are well." After all, she was still not quite willing to leave him alone, either.

With one final hug and a kiss, Soraya stood, more composed now, and took a chair in Nari and Michael's sickroom, settling into her seat as comfortably as she could to stand vigil over them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:10 am

Reluctantly, Vlad stood, nodding. She was right, of course. Glancing at Radu and the others, he found that they agreed. With a sigh, he stood. "Alert me immediately should things change," he requested, holding her tightly one last moment. Giving his son's hand a final squeeze, he exited, followed by his family, all determined to help as many as they could, trusting Soraya and Naitachel to see to their own for the time being.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The earth rumbles   

Back to top Go down

The earth rumbles
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EarthAftermath :: Roleplaying :: California :: Los Angeles-
Jump to: