EarthAftermath

A nuclear war has brought the earth to near destruction, the year is 2215 you are now thrown into the cruel world of EASurvival. Mutants, raiders and all sorts of apocalyptic nasties wait to shred you to pieces. Can you survive in the new world?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Back to civilization.....kinda

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lia Jensen

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Lia paused a few moments, pondering Sebastian's suggestions, and her own feet. "Hey, Zack, maybe we should get Josh back into bed and then go find Shawn?" she suggested. "We might need some supplies, after all, and Sebastian's right," she said, glancing at the door. "SOmeone'll have to look around."

She paused a few moments more, thinking again. "Or maybe you should stay here and I'll just go with Shawn? Leave someone here with the two gimps?" She smiled wryly at Josh then, teasing. "Josh and Marta, I mean. As capable as Seabay is, it might be hard for him to handle the two alone, given the unfamiliar environment."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garrity

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 am

Josh nodded to Seabay, but shook his head to Lia and Zack, waving them off as he rose slowly from the floor to seat himself in the chair. Zack eyed him critically. "Are you sure?"

Josh nodded. "Go," he said at last, leaning upon one arm on the table and reaching gingerly, mindful of his shoulder, for his sketchbook with the other hand.

Reluctantly, Zack relented. "Okay... guess I'm with you, Gumby."

Josh could see that both Zack and Lia wanted to stretch their legs and look around and, honestly, Lia had a good point. Josh blinked, determined to seem 'okay', at least until they left, then he could get himself to bed or put his head down on the table, as soon as they were gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shawn Siebert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Shawn double checked everything before he got ready to leave: his guns, ammo, blades, and a medical kit should he need it. He paced, thinking about his next move after staying here a bit. He knew it would not be easy, but he wanted to start his own colony, pass on on his training, his tactics, fighting abilities, and such. He paced a bit more and decided he would wait a few extra minutes to see if anyone would be coming along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://easurvival.forumotion.com
Lia Jensen

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:28 am

Lia glanced once more at Josh, doubting her earlier proclamation that they should go look around. "Maybe... We should stay," she hesitated, noting Zack's own unwillingness to leave, though Josh suddenly insisted they should go.

"Alright, fine, we'll go," she said, "but Seabay, remember the phone is on that table between our beds, if you need to call for help." Her voice sounded perhaps a bit motherly, but at that particular moment, she didn't care much.

She sighed, then nodded at Zack, confident he would follow before she headed out the door.

"Which one was his?" she asked, glancing down the hallway in both directions, unsure of which direction to take. Unless Shawn had left already, which would make the point moot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garrity

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:57 am

"This way." Zack gestured toward the astronauts room, still not sure how far to trust the man but figuring this was as good a way as any to find out. Knocking on the door, he called out, "Honey, I hoooome."

Josh waited until they'd left the room, then put his head down on top of his sketchbook, groaning softly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shawn Siebert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:25 am

Shawn opened the door and let the younger ones in. He had both a long sharp combat knife and a pistol for each of them and for each of them a vest with four clips attached to them. "Please put these on, and do you know how to work a firearm?" he asked the both of them.
Back to top Go down
Garrity

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 am

"Duh," Zack replied, rolling his eyes as he drew his jacket back to reveal the Sig Saur P226 tactical operations pistol in his waistband, as well as the hunting knife on his belt. "We're still alive, aren't we?" He shook his head at the vest. "No thanks. I mean, I appreciate it, but I like my gun, thanks. My brother taught me to shoot with it and I'm used to it. I've got spare mags in my jacket pockets."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lia Jensen

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:18 am

Lia eyed Shawn's arsenal and offered protection dubiously, but couldn't help but roll her eyes as Zack offered up his own contribution. "What is it with men and their /guns/?" she sighed. "I have a gun too, but I've only had to use it a couple of times, and it's certainly not my go-to defense." Admittedly, that was because she didn't actually /know/ how to use it effectively. "What's to know, other than point and shoot? It's kind of like a camera, right?"

She grinned at them both a moment, before another thought struck her. "Hey, you're all decked out like we're headed to some war zone. I didn't realize we were headed /out/ out there... From what Miss Kait was saying, this wasn't such a dangerous place to wander. Are you sure we need all of that?"

She wasn't so sure they should be going out if things were as dangerous as Shawn seemed to think they were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garrity

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 am

"No kidding... overkill much?" Zack muttered, looking at the artillery. "It's not like we're heading out to meet the mutants."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seabay Florentine

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 am

Seabay heard Josh groan, and the thud of his head hitting his book, and smiled wryly, wiping his hands on a dishtowel. "That sounds like a 'Yeah, going to bed sounds like a great idea, Seb,' to me. Think you can stand, Josh?" he asked from by the small kitchen's sink.

Josh held up one finger without raising his head, not thinking for the moment about the fact that Seabay couldn't see the gesture. Remembering then, he said softly, "I’m fine here."

"I know they say it's good to 'curl up with a good book', but I don't think they meant it so literally," Seabay mused, frowning slightly. "How's that comfortable?"

Josh sighed, then slowly raised his head, pushing himself into a more upright position with his good arm. Blinking against the stars that danced at the edge of his vision. "It's fine," he answered weakly. He closed his eyes, then asked, "I thought you were going to bed."

Seabay snorted, and walked over to reach out a hand, seeking to check Josh's forehead for a temperature. "Did you take Miss Kait's meds? You sound anything but, so don't give me this 'I'm fine' crap. We're buddies through this, us four--I'm not leaving a man down." Then he added, "I am... once I'm done making sure you don't keel over and break something here, or get sicker. Zack and Lia'll kill me if I let you do that."

Josh nodded. He'd been caught up in the rest of what he was doing and missed both the antibiotics and the pain meds. Oh boy, was he feeling it now.

"You took them? You better have--I can still write well enough to leave Zack a note to check." Seb smirked.

"No... was busy," Josh answered very nearly inaudibly, his eyes still closed. He wanted to protest that he wasn't getting sicker, but the truth was he knew better. "How’s Marta?"

Seb sighed. "Well, let me get them, then. You feel warm. Where are they?" he asked, looking around (out of old habit, as it does him no good). "Marta's alright. She got kind of agitated with Shawn around, though. But she's quiet now. I'll check on her water before I go back to bed with her. Maybe I can wash her up a bit tomorrow in the tub, if things are closed enough." Meaning her wounds.

"Nightstand," Josh answered in response to where they were. He nodded. Maybe he could help him clean her up.

Seabay pushed heavily off the counter, taking up the rod to feel his way along. He bumped his feet into a chair once and a lamp twice before finding the nightstand. "Here?" he asked, opening the drawer. "These two?" He held up a couple pill-containers.

Josh reached up to touch his shoulder gingerly, frowning at the heat he felt there. Great, he thought. Way to blow it, Josh. "Yeah," Josh answered in response to Seb's question. He reached out and took the pill containers, trying to open them one handed.

Seb shook his head, smiling, and set his rod aside to open the other. "Here. Let's trade."

Reluctantly, Josh handed one back. He'd never been good at asking for help, and tended to be worse at accepting them.

The blind teen swiftly opened the other. "Got some water or anything to wash it down?" he asked.

Josh glanced longingly at the coffee pot, wondering if he could get there and get a cup without falling over. "No," he replied quietly. He didn't already have one.

Seb smiled wryly, and without a word, picked up his rod and worked his way back toward the sink to get a glass for Josh. Seemed he was already memorizing the place, as he at least had the right general direction to start with.

Josh made to push himself up out of the chair, thinking to try it, when the world tilted. He dropped back to the chair quickly, hissing at his shoulder's protest, then put his head back down. So much for moving.

Plopping the glass of water in front of Josh, Seabay eyed him worriedly. "That didn't sound good," he observed. "I think I'd better help you to bed once you're done with these."

"Changed my mind..." Josh offered, not wanting to risk taking both himself and Seb down if he toppled over. He rose back up slowly, took the pills and downed them with the water, then put his head back down. Here was fine.

"About what? What we're going to have for dinner?" Seabay asked, laughing. "I think it's whatever tins we have for you, me, and Marta tonight. Random selection, unless /you/ pick it."

Just the thought of food made Josh's stomach lurch. Swallowing hard, he drew a slow breath. Finally, he answered, "Water's fine." Then, "Tinned beef... for Marta... pack by the door," he added reluctantly, taking an MRE from his pocket and pushing it toward Seabay.

Seb took the MRE and tucked it into his own pocket, then shook his head and smiled, guessing Josh wasn't up to much more. He reached down for Josh's good arm. "C'mon. Let's get you to bed. I may be not much more than a stick, but I can still be something to lean on if you guide us both. Easier now than when you fall out of the chair onto the floor."

"Won't fall," Josh mumbled, drawing his arm back from Seabay's grasp.

Seb frowned. "I'd rather not take a chance on that. Keep in mind, you're also telling me you're fine. Let's get you to bed, and you can be 'fine' there, where I can worry less about you."

"I'm fine here," Josh protested lamely. Seabay really was worrying too much. He could go to bed. Josh'd be fine where he was. Mostly. Besides, Marta was probably in need of some of this attention Seb was wasting on him.

"I refuse to have to come back and drag your sorry butt along the floor to the bed later," Seabay stated firmly, poking Josh's good arm with a thin finger. "Don't make me poke you..."

Josh flinched. He didn't like to be touched. He REALLY didn't like to be poked.

The blind teen smirked at the reaction he felt under his finger. "Hey, I can be a pain in the butt if I want to, too. You. Bed. Then we're done. Easy, huh?"

"Soon," Josh sighed. "You go ahead." In truth, he was a little put off by Seb's insistence. Nobody did this. Most people just accepted it and walked away when he said he was fine. Why didn't he?

"'Soon' is three to four days," Seabay grumbled, poking again. "Besides, if I go ahead and have to come /back/ to help you, trust me, I'll be in a mood fit to kick you towards the bed rather than support you. Let's get it over with."

Josh made a soft sound something akin to a growl in protest. He really REALLY didn't like being poked. Realizing, though, that Seb was serious, he admitted. "Can’t... not yet..."

The blind teen merely folded his arms across his chest and waggled his finger in threat of more poking. "And why not?" he asked.

"Room..." Josh began, not sure how to explain. Nobody usually expected him to. "Moves..." he finally settled on at last.

Seabay looked thoughtful a moment, then nodded. "Yeah... so? That's where the whole 'you can lean on me' part comes in, and why I'm involved in this. Marta can't do it, after all, and Zack and Lia are gone. So, it's up to me to help you get there in one piece."

Josh shook his head. "Too heavy," he sighed. "You'll get hurt." Realizing, though, that Seb wasn't about to give up, Josh considered whether or not he could make it there on his own. Raising his head again, he blinked heavily against the blackness and made to stand, weaving dangerously on his feet.

"I'll manage. And if I'm hurt, it won't be new--I've managed with pain for most of the time since I was..." The blind teen trailed off, making a face. "Anyway, then you can help me out tomorrow, if that happens. So even trade." Hearing Josh trying to stand, he moved to catch his good arm and support it, tucking his guide-rod under his other elbow for later. "You're up--let's try it."

Josh's eyes tried rolling back, his body nearly going limp. He stepped back, leaning against the wall, trying hard to hold onto some part of consciousness, at least until he reached the bed. No way was Seabay picking him up off of this floor. "Wait..." he whispered after a moment, blinking heavily but refusing to sink to the floor.

Seabay staggered, bracing his feet to help keep them both up. "C'mon--let's be quick about it...! This way, if you're going to fall, okay?" Good thing he recalled where the nearest bed was... for the most part.

Josh took three stumbling steps in the direction Seabay led before going completely limp.

Seabay dropped his guide-rod, but managed to make sure Josh landed on the bed for the most part, though his legs were still hanging off it. With a groan the blind teen crouched to scoop them onto the bed as well. Then he pushed and pulled Josh to get him in a more-or-less straight supine position, and squeeze a pillow under his head, another under his bad arm. Sitting on the side of the bed, Seabay wriggled Josh's shoes off, then loosened the other teen's pants and shirt, before poking around for a blanket to toss over him. Finally, the blind teen straightened with a groan. "Ugh... Maybe I /will/ feel this tomorrow."

Josh groaned and shifted slightly, but found himself unable to open his eyes again. Whispering a nearly inaudible, "Thanks..." he finally stopped fighting and let the darkness win this round.

Done getting his "brother" settled, Seb took a deep breath, gathered what energy remained him, and heavily went to his knees... to hunt his guide-rod on the floor. He needed the damn thing. A bit of crawling about and his hand finally closed on it. Using the bed to help he levered back to his feet, wincing. His slashed leg was burning hotly, and both his legs were protesting every bit of this fiercely. "No problem," he murmured through gritted teeth. Then he set out for his own bed...

...with a short detour for the tinned meat for Marta. They needed it. He was sure he'd be stuck in bed a bit, too.

A short bit later, having taken Kait’s meds, Seabay was pouring the contents of a tin down his own throat, barely tasting it, before rolling up in a blanket and huddling against Marta's side, waiting for the pain to fade enough to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shawn Siebert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:32 pm

"I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. Plus too many times during military excursions, things went bad and I didn't have the resources I needed. Another thing is, I don't know the area and therefore I don't trust it. I've seen the mutant things lurking around the lands..." He trailed off for a moment and got lost in thought.

A few moments later he snapped back to reality. "Sorry about that. Anyways, I have some backpacks--should we find anything useful out there, we can bring it back with us. Let's head out," Shawn said, locking his door after they all exited.

(To Scavenging for Parts)
Back to top Go down
Lia Jensen

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 am

Lia glanced at Zack, uneasiness rising. Really, if Shawn planned on going that far from what was considered safe, the two of them shouldn't be following. They were /teens/, and not outfitted or trained for war. If it came to a fight, Shawn would probably have his hands full trying to save them.

She was about to verbalize that she wasn't going, that she was just going back to the room and wait with Sebastian and Josh, but Shawn had already taken off ahead of them, obviously chomping at the bit to get out there.

((moving))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to civilization.....kinda   

Back to top Go down

Back to civilization.....kinda
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EarthAftermath :: Roleplaying :: Boston :: Northern Boston-
Jump to: