EarthAftermath

A nuclear war has brought the earth to near destruction, the year is 2215 you are now thrown into the cruel world of EASurvival. Mutants, raiders and all sorts of apocalyptic nasties wait to shred you to pieces. Can you survive in the new world?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Recovery & Cleaning Up

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Last edited by . on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:36 pm

The lights in the room were dimmed, making it difficult for Soraya to keep from nodding off. Her back ached, and she was exhausted both physically and emotionally, but she didn't want to leave Nari and Michael unattended. She was actively avoiding thinking too closely on the news Naitachel had given her for the moment, knowing that would simply make things more confusing, and instead focused on making a mental to-do list. She would process this new particular bit of information when she was alone and had time to actually /think/. Her ears perked as Nari moved a bit, though the girl seemed to remain unconscious despite signs of stirring. She must be close to waking.

"How are they?" a hushed voice came from the doorway, startling the redhead.

"Tom," she breathed in relief as he moved to her side. "Well enough," she answered, watching her eldest son cross the room to join her. "Recovering, at least. It will be some time yet before all is right with them." Her voice was tired and perhaps a little pained.

"Michael'll live, Mom," Tom assured her as he sat on a seat next to her. "And even if he hadn't, he'd come back," he assured her with a ghost of a smile.

"I know, I know," she answered exasperatedly. "It does not make it any easier to see him, or you or your father, go through death, or even come near it. You know that," she smiled in response, smoothing a curl away from his forehead gently.

Tom shook his head in exasperation of his own. "You look exhausted," he told her quietly. "You should go get some rest before you keel over," he suggested. Noting Soraya's glance toward the sleeping duo, he quickly promised, "I'll stay with them until they're awake."

His mother's internal debate was written on her face a few moments before she sighed and answered, "Alright, but if anything changes, anything..."

"You'll be the first to know," Tom interjected, "along with KC and Lindsay."

The redhead shook her head and stood up, the entire process rather cumbersome, even with Tommen's help. Without another word, Soraya drew her son in for a hug, kissing him on the cheek. "I love you," she breathed, more than a little thankful that he, at least, had been uninjured in this whole ordeal. She then quickly bent to kiss Michael's, and even the still-sleeping Nari's forehead in a motherly gesture before she exited the room, rather downtrodden in gait.

"You couldn't have just told her you're awake?" Tommen asked with an arched eyebrow after resuming his seat and his watch.

"And risk her hurting herself by fawning over me all over again?" Michael asked, amused. "Come on, you know just as well as I do that the only way I could ever get her to sit still was by appearing asleep, and therefore, in need of nothing."

The elder Prince snorted and laughed quietly. "Yeah, I guess so," he answered. "How're you feeling?" he asked his brother, concern now evident in his voice.

"Like I got sliced in half by a guy with a hacksaw," Michael answered truthfully, "but like you told Mom, I'll live." The younger vampire finally opened his eyes and peered over at Nari. As still as he had been, he had been listening in anxiously on her heart rate and other vital signs, ensuring that nothing worsened. His guilt at what he'd done to her was nearly overwhelming.

"She'll be fine, too, Mike," Tom soothed his brother. "She's a strong girl. It's not like you had any real control over what happened."

Michael, logically, knew the truth of Tommen's words, though his heart still bore the burden of responsibility for this state she was in. He merely closed his eyes again and went back to his half-sleep, half-monitoring Nari state. Tom settled back into his chair, lapsing into silence himself.

The younger vampire didn't know how long it had been since his elder brother had taken up his vigil when Nari's voice roused him.

"I'm okay," he answered her quickly, trying to sit up despite the overwhelming pain at the action. He struggled to keep his features smooth as he did so. "Just a scratch... how are you feeling, Tiger?" he asked her.

From his corner, Tom remained silent and watchful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:23 am

Tom sat on the edge of his chair, ready to catch Nari should she falter at all, though he was rather unwilling to disturb what was likely to be a quiet, private moment. Once the girl settled into the bed with Michael, Tom stood quietly and walked out of the room to stand watch from just outside the door. He could maintain his vigil from outside without difficulty, using both his empathy and hearing.

"It'll be a scratch in no time," Michael assured her, reaching out to steady Nari as she moved across the threshold. "Then it'll be like it never happened at all." He chuckled at her question regarding whether this was what it was always like, though it was partially to cover his embarrassment and shame. "It... shouldn't have been like this," he answered apologetically. "I shouldn't have drunk from you at all. I had no control, and I took too much," he said as she lowered herself onto the bed next to him. He shifted further over as best he could with the pain to make room for her.

Michael felt Tommen's ears perk with amusement at Nari's declaration. Michael himself was rather startled by it. She'd merely said it because she was half-out of it, right? The vampire had taken his cues from his Uncle Minhea thus far, and none of the girls he'd been with had every told him they loved him. At least not this... genuinely.

What was perhaps more startling to Michael was that, rather than panicking, as he'd feared he might, he found himself /liking/ hearing the words from her lips. It seemed perhaps he himself was more of the relationship material than he had realized.

As she drifted off in his arms, her warmth permeating his cold bed pleasantly, he smiled and kissed her forehead tenderly.

"Love you too," he whispered quietly, before resting his head back down and allowing sleep to take him again as well, if only for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:51 pm

The soft notes began in the chapel, dusty and cracked as it was, but grew from there, echoing down the halls and passages and tunnels as it rose in strength and volume...

Words of a lost language, ranging from gentle to determined, filled with such harmonics as only a chorus could imitate and even then unable to match such unearthly sweet tones. The crystal clarity of each note, the perfection of the undertones and overtones surrounding it, matching it like puzzle pieces, rang through the complex with the power of thunder but the gentleness of a whisper. It offered solace from the pain, compassion for the tragedy, soothing audible balm for the sorrow and fear... like sheltering wings for the spirit and soul.

Naitachel was singing again.

He had found the chapel floor cracked down the center, the altar tilted, seating knocked over and dirt and dust all around. After using debris of stone to help level the altar, righting some of the seating, and sweeping up neatly with wings and tail, the Seraph had stood before the altar again, offering his voice to the aid of all, on behalf of a higher power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 am

What Soraya hadn't planned on when she had promised Tom to return to her room to rest, was the disarray in which she had found it. She should have known it would be a mess, judging by the way the rest of their quarters looked, but in her bleary exhaustion, she had merely not thought of it.

Even if she had wanted to simply lay on it, the bed was covered in dust. Hers and Vlad's belongings were strewn about, having been tossed off of their resting surfaces and out of their respective dressers, and furniture had landed in topsy-turvy positions, or had merely fallen over. It seemed there would be no rest for her yet, which was perhaps just as well, given there was so much to do. After she was done in here, she really should head out and get started on the common areas for the family; even though there was little she could do to help out there, at least she could help here so that when her family returned, they would find a halfway-livable situation.

She closed her eyes a few moments, breathing deeply through the bout of nausea brought on just as much by this discovery as by her condition and her exhaustion. She couldn't remember the last time she had eaten, thankfully, and there really was nothing in her system to throw up, meaning she at least had no need to worry about that.

<I certainly wish I had your special broom,> she sighed quietly to Naitachel, though only quietly for fear of disturbing whatever it was he was up to in this moment. Surely it was more useful than this.

Soraya hiked up her sleeves, and chose to tackle the most pressing problem for the moment. She hoped the armoire that had fallen and was now taking up most of the free space on their floor wasn't as heavy as it looked.

With grim determination, she crouched and, lifting as prescribed with her legs, began trying to lift it back up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:52 am

"Have you lost your mind?" KC admonished, coming in behind her with a cup of milk and a small plate of food.

Quick as a breath, Matty was there, lifting it for her easily. "That's too heavy for you to pick up!" he insisted, with KC nodding her agreement.

"Come. Eat, then lie down," she told Soraya, brushing the bed off quickly and pulling the blanket down. "Matty and I'll straighten the rest of the room up. Go on. Rest. You all need it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Michael smiled to himself as, in his own half-doze, he felt Nari stir beside him, then settle back against him. He would have remained this way if he could have, holding her close, but a sudden protest arose.

"So that's where the tiger hides," he teased lazily with a laugh at the growling of her stomach. "Clever."

Michael sighed and tried to sit up. She obviously needed food, especially after having lost as much blood as she had. Her stores needed replenishing.

"We should get you fed," he sighed, as he finally gave up on the sitting portion and closed his eyes, fighting off the residues of pain and nausea. "What'll you have? Escargot?" he tried to tease again, trying to ensure she didn't sense his discomfort. "I'll let my family know you're hungry, if you like," he then suggested more quietly, though he had already quietly sent for Brianna to fetch whatever she could scrounge to eat for Nari. It wasn't as though he was actually giving her an /option/ of eating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Last edited by NPC on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:23 am

Soraya wrote:
<I certainly wish I had your special broom,> she sighed quietly to Naitachel, though only quietly for fear of disturbing whatever it was he was up to in this moment.

<Perhaps later?> the Seraph offered, still singing. <Though I sense you have assistants already, so perhaps I would be unnecessary. Do allow them to help you--you should not overtire yourself.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Prince wrote:
"Have you lost your mind?" KC admonished, coming in behind her with a cup of milk and a small plate of food.

Quick as a breath, Matty was there, lifting it for her easily. "That's too heavy for you to pick up!" he insisted, with KC nodding her agreement.

"Come. Eat, then lie down," she told Soraya, brushing the bed off quickly and pulling the blanket down. "Matty and I'll straighten the rest of the room up. Go on. Rest. You all need it."

Soraya sighed at KC and Matty's admonishments. "I am pregnant, not an invalid," she protested, though the work was already done. She wondered if she should share the news of twins with them before deciding that would make them both hover even more.

"You need rest as well, and there is too much to be done," she said, though she accepted the food and milk. "I will eat," she informed them before taking a bite, "and then I will go see what I can keep helping with."

She paused a moment, cocking her head to the side.

"Do you hear that? Naitachel is singing again," she smiled, feeling a strange sense of tranquility wash over her at the sound of the seraph's voice. "I feel better already."

<Yes, mother> Soraya quipped back at Naitachel. <Thank you for singing. I am sure there are many who will benefit from it. Is there anything you need?>
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Last edited by . on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everett Mccoy

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Everett had been going around helping others out that had been injured in the quake, he did not know to much about injuries or how to cure them but he was a fast learner and could assist those that knew such things.

He made his way back to where the soraya and naitachel were hoping things were still okay with them he just wanted to check in. He also wanted to show the weapon prototype to the warriors among the family, he hoped they would be happy with it.

He knocked once again at their door and waited patiently for someone to answer it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:41 am

<You are asking me, oh pregnant one?> Naitachel chuckled. <No, I am well and content, and doing what I do best for such situations. It beats being underfoot or attempting things that might make me all the more useless.> Such as being in the infirmary, with all its terrible emotions crushing his shields. His song should carry that far, at least, to ease some of those emotions without him crumpling beneath the onslaught of pain and sorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:48 am

NPC wrote:
The damage had been bad, but not as bad as it could have been. So far, the loss of life had been minimal, if tragic, though there were still those who clung to life in a rather precarious position in the infirmary. And there were still others that hadn't yet been accounted for.

Still, as grim as the situation appeared, that wasn't what caused the furrowed brow on Badger's features. There was something else, something pointing to an impending threat to the colony and the life they had built here.

"I hate to interrupt the valiant work," the aging man said, relieved to have finally located at least one member of the Prince clan, "but I've got news."

Min sighed. They had so many still trapped down below and few of them capable of getting to them and carrying them out unassisted that any delay seemed very nearly inexcusable. Still, given the security issues they'd been examining before everything went haywire, he knew he'd better hear the man out. "What's the word, Badger?" he asked wearily.

Quote :
"Do you hear that? Naitachel is singing again," she smiled, feeling a strange sense of tranquility wash over her at the sound of the seraph's voice. "I feel better already."

Radu glanced up from the rubble he was moving and sighed, soaking in the sound of his spouse's song. He could see that the others around him felt the effects as well, and was grateful for it. There were so many suffering around him in the aftermath of the quake, and so little he and his could do to help them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:36 am

Soraya smiled as she nibbled on the food KC had brought her, watching KC and Matthias work around her and Vlad's room. Perhaps if they got engaged enough in what they were doing here, she could slip out and go start working somewhere else. Like the common room. It was a disaster area. Or perhaps even the cafeteria. She was sure /that/ was a mess as well, and it would take her further from the hovering eyes. Or at least, sort of. It was impossible to be fully away from her family's watchful gaze, given their collective telepathic abilities, but if they were all busy elsewhere, she could get away with doing some work without earning herself a lecture.

<At least you do not have an entourage of able-bodied individuals following you around, trying to keep you prisoner rather than being out doing something productive themselves,> she answered Naitachel wryly. <I really am fine... I could be of help, if they would just let me. I feel like a child.>

She took another nibble of her food, though she knew she was skating on the thin line between feeling she had eaten enough and the nausea that constantly seemed to threaten. Deciding she had eaten enough to sustain herself and her two additions, she set the plate aside and stood, inching her way toward the door and hoping for a clean escape.

Last edited by Soraya on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:49 am

Michael laid back against his pillow and closed his eyes. Even with the help that came from Naitachel's singing, the room still had a strange lilt to it when he looked around. His head hurt almost as badly as the rest of him did, and he forced himself to take a deep, steadying breath before he answered Nari, lest she hear that pain in his voice.

"It's been several hours," he answered her, unsure himself of exactly /how/ many hours it had been. "There are still some people trapped, I think, but not as many deaths as there could have been. That's something, right?" he asked her in his best attempt at a cheerful tone.

"Feeding... well, usually it's pleasant. Just pleasant," he informed Nari sheepishly. "Euphoric. I just had little control and I wen too far," he confided, hoping she could forgive him that much.

"We need to get that growling stomach taken care of," he sighed, though obviously there was little he could do himself, and Tommen seemed to have gone off somewhere. That really only left him with one option.

"Here you go! I brought you cookies!" Brianna announced cheerfully as she entered the room, almost skipping.

"Sorry," Michael whispered to Nari as his sister approached the bed, her demeanor a bit more sombre after she'd seen the state of the two patients. "She was the only available one."

The girl handed Nari the tray, graced with cookies, along with some peanut-butter spread on bread and a glass of milk and some water before she took a seat on the bed across from them.

"I hope it's okay," she said anxiously.

-----------------------------------------

Tommen had been standing outside the sick room, doing his best not to eavesdrop when he'd heard the knock at the door into their family's area. Well, Michael could call him if he needed it, he supposed, and everything seemed fine for the moment. Besides, it wasn't as though there was a plethora of others who were free around here to answer.

"Everett," Tom greeted as he opened the door. "What brings you buy?" he asked, inviting the young man in.

Last edited by Prince Children on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:02 am

Last edited by NPC on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 am

Last edited by . on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everett Mccoy

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:38 pm

"Hello, Tom. I just wanted to drop by see if everyone was okay, and I wanted to show all of you this..." Everett stepped back and rolled up his sleeve, revealing the the gauntlet on his arm. He made the wrist movement and the blade shot out in less then a second. "I thought some of you might like it. I have a few others I am working on finishing up. Might we show a few others this?" he asked Tommen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:58 pm

NPC wrote:
"Unfortunately, not good news," Badger answered Min gruffly, knowing this wasn't the best time for such new developments. Sadly, there was no good time for being given news such as this, and he thought it better that those who would protect them knew about this as soon as possible.

The old man rubbed his nose a little, a usual nervous gesture, before he took a deep breath and launched into his hasty explanation.

"Well... seems as though someone decided to take advantage of the chaos brought on by this earthquake," he said. "The weapons cache was broken into." He growled, then, angrily. "Seems whoever it is is getting more brazen. They took several of the larger guns, not to mention about a quarter of our ammo."

Min growled in frustration and fatigue. "Naturally..." he replied, quickly relaying the information to the others. <We'll need to start standing guard over such things ourselves if we are to apprehend the culprit,> he concluded to his uncle, who agreed. "Thanks, Badger," he responded tiredly at last. "See what you can do to track down the culprit. We'll start working on it on our end. And don't worry. We'll find them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naitachel

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:08 am

Naitachel shifted to another song, though the effects were much the same: calm and peace for the anxiety, soothing compassion and balm for the sorrow, soft relief and relaxation for the pain, hope for the fear... Distance lessened it, of course, but it rang easily in the halls.

<Likely they merely fear your stubborn nature extending itself and risking your miscarriage, as twins are a more fragile state than a single child, and one is often precarious in itself. I cannot blame them--nor Vlad--for safeguarding you,> he informed Soraya, amused. <At the least you are in the midst of activity, while I must hide both my nature and my sanity from exposure to the emotional chaos. Worry not over the mess around you--that is easy enough to solve in due time. If you fret over being useless, why not spell Tommen a while and sit with Michael and Nari? Once my song is of less use for the general public, I may do the same, a private concert for their needs.>

As he sang, the Seraph mentally touched base with the rest of the family, just checking on their status and whereabouts. He smiled as he noted Everett, excited, by Tommen... but he could not satiate his curiosity regarding what the two were about from the Chapel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prince Children

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:59 pm

"Nope, I'm fine," Brianna answered Nari cheerfully. She'd suffered a few nicks and cuts of her own due to falling debris, but those had long-since healed. "Sorry it's not more," she then said to the patient contritely, "but it's all I could scrounge up. The cafeteria is still mostly out of order and our own pantry's kind of in disarray." Plus, several of those who could help clean were either patients themselves or helping Lindsay in the infirmary.

Michael chuckled quietly at his sister and Nari's interaction. "There's no way you're moving from this bed," he told the girl next to him after she commented on wanting to help. "The last thing we need is another patient after you pass out from exhaustion."

He sighed and laid back, still drinking in the comfort to be had from Naitachel's song. "Thanks Bri," he said quietly with a smile for his sister's sake. "Maybe if you can find us some meat or something later," he suggested. The younger vampire smiled and hopped up, curtseying grandiosely before dashing out the door.

"Hear that?" Michael asked Nari once Brianna had left. "That's Uncle Nait's singing. It's soothing, if you let it do its magic," he assured her, hoping that she would allow some comfort to reach her as well.

---------

The blade Everett showed him caught Tom a bit by surprised, and the vampire couldn't fully suppress his defensive reaction, if only slight. The only clue that would give him away to onlookers, however, was his fangs that protruded slightly. It was likely Naitachel's brief touching of mind that had settled him enough not to react as strongly as he might have, something that would likely have frightened Everett off.

<All is well, Uncle,> he informed the seraph briefly.

"Ingenious," he answered, taking a moment to peer more closely at the offered weapon. "I certainly think we'll be able to make good use of this." He turned Everett's wrist so that he could appraise the bottom of the weapon as well. "How many of them do you have available? I'm sure my father and Uncles will be interested in seeing this."

Last edited by Prince Children on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soraya

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Naitachel wrote:

<Likely they merely fear your stubborn nature extending itself and risking your miscarriage, as twins are a more fragile state than a single child, and one is often precarious in itself. I cannot blame them--nor Vlad--for safeguarding you,> he informed Soraya, amused. <At the least you are in the midst of activity, while I must hide both my nature and my sanity from exposure to the emotional chaos. Worry not over the mess around you--that is easy enough to solve in due time. If you fret over being useless, why not spell Tommen a while and sit with Michael and Nari? Once my song is of less use for the general public, I may do the same, a private concert for their needs.>

As he sang, the Seraph mentally touched base with the rest of the family, just checking on their status and whereabouts. He smiled as he noted Everett, excited, by Tommen... but he could not satiate his curiosity regarding what the two were about from the Chapel.

<I do not have a stubborn nature,> Soraya defended, trying not to laugh. As she did, she sidled out of the bedroom, hopefully unnoticed by either KC or Matty and emerged into the hallway. She could get to work on their own common area, though it was likely some of the servants had already begun working on that. The cafeteria and other common areas meant for the colonists at large probably needed her help more than her own family did.

<I will check in on Michael and Nari,> she concurred quickly. Then she would go and do some work. <Though please, do not feel as though what you are doing is useless. I can already feel the tension leaving the colony, something that is sorely needed after all of this. You are doing what you do best - being a guardian angel to all these people in their time of need.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recovery & Cleaning Up   

Back to top Go down

Recovery & Cleaning Up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EarthAftermath :: Roleplaying :: California :: Los Angeles-
Jump to: