EarthAftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EarthAftermath

A nuclear war has brought the earth to near destruction, the year is 2215 you are now thrown into the cruel world of EASurvival. Mutants, raiders and all sorts of apocalyptic nasties wait to shred you to pieces. Can you survive in the new world?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Early the next morning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Early the next morning Empty
PostSubject: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Last edited by kaitlyn on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garrity

Garrity

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Josh heard the first tapping at the door and groaned. He knew he wasn't supposed to get up, but the others were still sleeping and he didn't want to wake them. He couldn't just ignore Kaitlyn, though. When the knocking became more insistent, he shifted the blankets back and sat up on the edge of the bed.

"Don't you dare," Zack growled sleepily. "Coming!" he called, dashing for the door before his brother could stand. He opened the door and stepped back so Kaitlyn could enter.
Back to top Go down
Lia Jensen

Lia Jensen

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Lia had been practically dead to the world, and it took the jostling of Kaitlyn's food card to rouse her from her sleep. Apparently she really had needed the extra rest, and she sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes trying to orient herself. Her mouth felt like cotton and despite the exquisite rest, she was rather cranky.

All in all, she was her usual morning self.

"What time is it?" she asked standing up and slipping on her hoodie for warmth. "Oh... 'morning, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Seabay Florentine

Seabay Florentine

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:49 am

Seabay was slow and reluctant to rise. Under the covers, with Marta's warm bulk against his back... it felt so good to rest. He could feel dull aches waiting for him once he escaped the covers' warmth--the usual ones, a few from the fighting, and some from the neglect he'd undergone the past couple weeks.

Man, he missed having a sauna and hot-tub, flights to Florida and California and the Caribbean... a personal masseuse, chef, maid, and butler/chauffeur...

Marta likely missed it, too. She'd had a lot of perks--a personal chef, beaches to run on, swimming in the sea with him, her own actual bed, massages from him and his family, other guard dogs to play and socialize with...

With a sigh, he peeled back the blankets and sheets, setting feet to the floor. Marta licked his hand in greeting. The chill air made the blind teen stiffly struggle to his feet and limp slowly to the wardrobe to retrieve a plush blue robe and matching slippers, wrapping up.

"'Morning," he grated, his usually-hoarse voice rough enough to be slightly painful to his vocal cords. Though this was the norm when he first woke ever since his poisoning. He needed to wet his throat to change it. "Any coffee left?"

The temptation was too great to resist. Coffee had been such a staple in his life for so long, and he missed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Garrity

Garrity

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:54 am

Zack didn't have to be told twice. He dove into the food, loading up his plate with everything, grabbing juice and coffee with sugar and real milk while listening close to Kait as she checked on his brother.

Josh flinched as Kait reached for him, but reminded himself she couldn't really check the injury without touching it. Still, when she touched his forehead he flinched again.

"He's a little dizzy, but... um... Miss Kait..." Zack began. Josh caught his eye and shook his head. Don't bother, his look told him. He held up a hand, though, waving off the offer of help and rising carefully, making his way unsteadily to the table.

"I'll fix his plate," Zack finished lamely. He piled on scrambled eggs and a bagel, knowing Josh probably wouldn't finish either but hoping he'd at least make a decent attempt. Then he remembered, shaking his head, he scooted the eggs back of the plate, cursing himself for forgetting. It wouldn't help Josh to gross him out with mixed up eggs like that. The bagel would have to do, at least for now. Maybe there'd be some unmixed-up protein at lunch. If not, there was always tinned beef. They still had plenty of that...
Back to top Go down
Lia Jensen

Lia Jensen

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Lia stretched and yawned as she approached the food cart. It all looked delicious, but she felt as though she had already eaten more in the past few days than she had in months. For once, she agreed with Josh's earlier protests and wasn't sure she would actually be able to eat much.

It was better to just shut up and dig in, though, and that was what she did, relishing the smell of coffee as it brewed.

Once her plate was ready, she sat on a nearby chair and extended her bandaged feet in front of her. "Sure," she answered Kaitlyn's offer to tend after them again. "I have to admit I can't wait to get these bandages off," she said before digging in to her food.

The dancer looked over and smiled at Zack as Josh made his way to the table and sat, though she eyed him warily as she did so, ready to pounce and help catch him if she had to. She then watched the younger Garrity's ministrations with the food and raised an eyebrow.

"What, is there something wrong with the eggs?" she asked bluntly without thinking.
Back to top Go down
Seabay Florentine

Seabay Florentine

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:25 pm

"I'm well enough," he answered Kaitlyn, shrugging as he limped over to find his guide-rod. "Rough and stiff," he added with an ironic smirk. "Nothing I'm not used to."

Seabay used the flexible rod to find his way to join the others at the table, content with being in shorts and a robe for now. Pausing, he listened to where the others were, then found and sat in an empty chair.

"Hey, if you guys don't want it--I'll have it. And if someone could pass me a sausage or two, and some of the juice before I start sounding worse than a coffee grinder? I'd appreciate it to no end, but likely your ears will, too..." He could hear the coffee machine starting to produce, but knew it wold take a few more minutes before there was enough to be served around.

"How're you doing, Josh?" Seb asked bluntly, curious as to his new friend's state. He was hardly going to go poking around with his hands to find out for himself... so there really was no other way to find out than make the man speak--or hear Zack's assessment. But his other question was for the room in general, "What's the plan for today?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Garrity

Garrity

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:12 am

"No, they're fine," Zack answered. "Josh just doesn't... um... he doesn't like scrambled. That's all." At Seabay's request, he began making a plate for him, though he set aside a bit of egg and some sausage for Marta as well.

Josh shrugged halfheartedly at Seabay's question, prompting Zack to answer, "He's better." He didn't bother pointing out that he'd almost have to be when you consider the condition he was in when they arrived. Instead, he poured Kaylina a cup of coffee and rejoined everyone at the table. "Josh wants to please have a look at your security system. He thinks he might be able to help with it. And the elevator. And the phones." Noting the look in his brother's eyes, he added, " Please."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Last edited by kaitlyn on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lia Jensen

Lia Jensen

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:53 pm

"Great," Lia frowned down at the two large white socks on her feet. "Maybe I should pull my pants up to under my boobs and call myself Urkle," she sighed, feeling rather ridiculous with the two unsightly things. Of course, she couldn't really complain, given the fact that they were useful and that she apparently nearly avoided bigger problems with the appendages with Kaitlyn's help. If her feet had gotten badly infected, she would have been done for, but physically and spiritually. It wasn't as though she'd had much of a chance to dance lately, but if she were ever to lose the ability to do so would cripple her emotionally.

"Guess I get to go in this stylish outfit to move the SUV, then," she said at Kaitlyn's prod to get that taken care of. She grabbed a pair of shoes on the bottom shelf of the cart she assumed were meant for her and lifted them for the woman in confirmation of their purpose before putting them on. These were certainly nicer, softer on her wounded appendages than the boots, even Zack's, had been.

She then collected the keys, and grabbing one of the bagels between her teeth waved at her, "boys."

"Be back soon," she offered. "Or maybe I'll just meet you in the lobby. I'm pretty sure I can find my way back there," she grinned before dashing off.
Back to top Go down
Seabay Florentine

Seabay Florentine

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:01 pm

Seabay murmured his thanks to Zack for serving him from the main supply, then dove in with gusto, scarfing it down like one starved. In truth, he was, but his stomach wasn't up to holding much yet, and the result was that cleaning his plate took a little effort--leaving him feeling like he'd had a massive Thanksgiving dinner.

Taking the plate with food for Marta, he stood and waved to Lia as she moved to deal with the car--and smirked. "Bye, Urkle!" he called after her.

After placing the food within easy reach of the injured dog, and listening to her carefully chomping away a moment, the blind teen pulled out his thigh-length overcoat, slipping it on and concealing a couple items in the pockets (his blade being one). Then he rejoined the others, ready to go, guide-rod in hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Last edited by kaitlyn on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garrity

Garrity

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 am

Josh set the remnants of his breakfast aside, swallowing hard against the nauseating rock that now sat in his stomach. He nodded to Kaitlyn, suspecting that any argument would leave him pent up for the day. He couldn't bear that. Not with so much that wanted doing.

Zack rolled his eyes. "Oh yeah... he'll be real cooperative..." he said, his voice heavily tinged with sarcasm. Josh shot him a scathing look. "What?" he protested, doing his utmost to appear the very picture of pure innocence. "I agreed for you, didn't I?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early the next morning   Early the next morning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early the next morning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EarthAftermath :: Roleplaying :: Boston :: Northern Boston-
Jump to: